Thursday, October 26, 2006

Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot...Again...

I know that I haven't written for a while (sue me), but, I felt the urge today. My dear friend Kathy forwarded an email to my inbox that really pissed me off today.

Rush Limbaugh, being in an apparently warm and fuzzy mood this week, decided to take it upon himself to try to impune the character and integrity of one Michael J. Fox.

Now, just in case you weren't aware, Michael J. Fox has appeared in a commercial for Missouri democrat Claire McHaskill, a supporter of embryonic stem cell research. In the ad, the symptoms of Mr. Fox's Parkinson's Disease are quite pronounced. Apparently, that was too much for Rush to bear.

Rush, who once stated that all drug addicts should be sent to jail (until he became one, of course, and then they need treatment and compassion), must have thought it was a good idea to go after one of the most beloved actors in American (OK, I know that he's from Canada, but, he did become an American citizen in 2000, so back off) history.

Ol' Rush made the following statements on his radio show about Mr. Fox's appearance in the campaign commercial..."Michael J. Fox is allowing his illness to be exploited and in the process is shilling for a Democratic candidate." He also said..."He is exaggerating the effects of the disease,"...and..."He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act....This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."

Now, being the level-headed gent that we're all sure that Rush is, he did offer, half-heartedly, that he would apologize if the symptoms exhibited by Mr. Fox were truly genuine. What a fucking scumbag. If I were Michael J. Fox, I would tell him to take his apology and shove it up his pompous ass.

Fuck Rush Limbaugh and anyone who believes his dimented bullshit.

Oh, and have a nice day.

16 comments:

stimp said...

There is an interview with Mr. Fox by Katie Couric where he more or less does exactly that, only classier. For a guy with his extensive pharmaceutical experience, you would think he'd know about tardive dyskinesia. It's one of the fun side effects of psychotropic drugs, one I'm hoping not to enjoy myself someday. What an asshole.

Anonymous said...

See, things like this are yet another reason actors/actresses shouldn't get involved with politics. Most of them only make it to Well-Meaning But Sadly Misguided on the Jackass Scale(TM), as opposed to Flaming Ass-Hat which is the base standard to run for political office.

Anonymous said...

It's a lot like watching a girlscout kicking Mike Tyson in the shins; you can just see the unfortunate shit coming.

stimp said...

I don't remember the rule that says that celebrities trade in their rights when they acquire fame. Michael J Fox as as much right to speak his mind as anyone else. And he has backed it up with consistant QUIET hard work raising large sums of money for research and treatment. You can speak your mind about his behavior, but he can't express himself on a subject of deep personal importance. The only side he has taken is for stem cell research. He has supported politicians of both parties who has agreed with him. The only asshat I see in this equation is Rush Limbaugh. Oh, and perhaps you.

Spencemo said...

Thop kicking me! I'm therious! I'm gonna eat your children!

Anonymous said...

Stimp, I'm thinking you were just in the mood to disagree with a pundit. Next time ya are, just say so and I'll spout something pundity. This time alls I said was that a relatively nice guy had the misfortune to find out the hard way what a bloodthirsty business politics is.

stimp said...

My apologies, TMB. I wasn't trying to be all pundit bashing. I agree with you that he is a nice guy trying to work it in a nasty business. I was just frustrated and peeved by the way the whole thing was portayed in the news. I know a little bit about what he is going through, and the meds and their side effects. Sometimes the cure is as bad as the cause. Sorry to leap down your throat.

Anonymous said...

No worries. The whole new Dueling Pundits(C) method of journalism isn't exactly my favorite thing in the world either. While I'm massively in favor of actually having more than one set of opinions on the news, I'd prefer it if those opinions didn't come from either Retarded Zealots or Mental Whores.

Just for clarification, Retarded Zealots would include Hannity but not Limbaugh. Rush has plenty of craftiness rattling around in his oversized head, zealot or no.

Mental Whores or course would be folks like Dick Morris back when he was working for Clinton or any lawyer ever. To quote another famous Bill: The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

Anonymous said...

Oh, while I was typing that second paragraph I was trying to decide if Ann Coulter fell into the RZ category. I couldn't decide. She's obviously sharp enough to come up with some visciously cutting stuff but then spouts plenty of RZ talking points too.

It was starting to hurt my brain. Then, divine inspiration! It was like God had reached down, slapped me across the back of the head, and said, "She's a hot chick! You're not supposed to be listening to her; you're supposed to be staring at her tits!" And the world made sense again.

stimp said...

The only thing going through my mind when I see Coulter is Austin Powers's voice: "She's a man, baby!". If she weren't so nasty, I'd feel sorry for her. And you'd need a microscope and a surgical team to find her tits, let alone look at them.

Spencemo said...

That's my Buzz...remembering the most important thing in politics...the hotness factor. I may have to agree with my sister, though...I think she may be a man in drag.

Anonymous said...

See, there's another aspect of the magic powers of tits. They don't have to be attractive to be attractive. Compared to Pam or Dolly's rack Ann's are sad and pathetic but they're still worth a good ogle.

S'kinda like going to a Ferrari showroom and liking the red one better than the green one. Sure, the red one may be way better but the green one's still a freakin Ferrari.

Spencemo said...

Yeah, but what if they're man tits?

stimp said...

ya know, tmb, when you put it that way, it almost sounds logical. I might actually agree with you...except for that whole part where she's still a man.

And there is a subtle difference between a brand new red Fererri, and a green one that looks like it was hit multiple times with a sledge hammer.

Anonymous said...

Spencemo: Listen to Rush or laugh at his man-tits?

Stimpy: Nah, men prefer a different kind of crazy. Compare/contrast her and Rush and you'll eventually see the difference. No, I don't just mean that he has bigger tits.

In any case, I think your political views are clouding your judgment of her hotness. Guys don't have this problem because we have an entirely different head to do our hotness thinking for us. Since the little head thoughts have a direct manual override over big head thoughts, we don't get confused like that.

Spencemo said...

Buzz...both.